If a new instructor without an ePanther ID wishes to register for a workshop, the WORKSHOP PRESENTER may register for this person. If you take a request, please forward the user’s information to the Workshop Presenter, including:
- the workshop name,
- workshop date,
- workshop time,
- user’s email address,
- user’s appointment type
- user’s computer platform preference
- and if they can bring a laptop to the workshop
A PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/2N1YhHA7
To register for a user without an ePanther ID, go to the workshop event.
At the bottom of the page, click on [Login with UWM 1Login]. If you do not see this link, make sure you are logged out as an administrator.
Log in with your standard UWM ePanther username and password.
- Enter YOUR ePanther ID.
- Enter the guest user’s appointment type, laptop availability, and platform preference.
- Add guest user’s name and email address in [Additional information].
- Click [Register].
Step #3 – Modify registration
Log into the registration site as a WordPress Author to modify the registration.
- Under the [Logout] tab, click [Admin Login].
Login with your WordPress Author credential:
- Username is you ePanther ID (without @uwm.edu).
- Password is you WordPress password.
- Click [Log In] (NOT the [Sign in with ePanther ID] button).
- To find the guest registrant, click on the [Bookings] tab.
Identify the guest registrant by looking for your name and the correct workshop.
- Click the [Edit/View] button to the right of the registration.
- At the bottom of the page, click the [Modify Booking] button.
- Change the ePanther ID to a fake “workshop.guest” user.
- Click [Submit Changes].
The fake user will be added to the D2L course for the workshop if you export the CSV and import it into D2L. See these instructions: https://db.tt/YfrnYxPS
There are 5 fake workshop guest users in the system, with username and password (being the same) as follows:
At the time of the workshop, please have the guest user log into D2L with the “workshop.guest” user you entered in Step #7.
All automated emails, including reminders and followup emails, will come to the Workshop Presenter’s email account. Be sure to forward these to the guest using the guest’s email address provided.