This tutorial will show you how to manage registrations for the LTC Workshop site. You will learn to:
- Login and view Registrations (called Bookings).
- Export a CSV file containing the enrollments for your workshop.
- Edit the CSV file to format it for D2L.
- Upload the enrollment file to your D2L Workshop site.
You may wish to print this tutorial and reference it as you work. A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/iQo0HUmQ
Go to: https://ltcworkshops.org/
- Click the [Logout] tab and select [Admin Login].
- Enter your ePanther ID for your username.
- Enter your ePanther ID for your password.
- Click [Log In].
- When you enter in your [Editor] role, you will land in the [Bookings] area.
- You can see all the enrollments for all [Future events].
- To export the enrollment for a specific workshop (for upload to D2L), click the name of the workshop under [Events with Bookings Enabled].
- By default, all registrations (including cancellations) will be listed. To filter out cancelled registrations, pull-down the menu
- Select [Needs Attention].
- Click [Filter].
- Once cancelled registrations are filtered out, click the [CSV] button.
- Look for the [ePanther ID] field in the right-hand (grayed-out) area and drag it into the [Columns to export] area.
- Drag all the fields except ePanther ID into the right-hand (grayed-out) area.
- Ensure that only the [ePanther ID] field is in the active column and click [Export Bookings].
- Open the CSV file in a Excel (or equivelent) and highlight the first 6 rows.
- Right click and/or select [Delete].
- Click the first column to highlight.
- Right click and/or select [Insert].
- In the newly created column, enter “instructor” in the first cell. Hover over the bottom right side of the cell until you see a “+” symbol. Hold and drag down to fill the cells for each enrollee.
- Save the file as a CSV.
- You to the D2L course site FOR YOUR WORKSHOP. Click the [Classlist] tab.
- Click [Add Participants] and select [Import users from a file on your computer].
- Click [Choose File] and select the CSV file downloaded in Step Five.
- Click [Import]. Once import is complete, check for errors and make sure enrollment was successful.
Note: in rare occasions, a user may not have entered their UWM ePanther ID correctly (although systems are in place to ensure that “@uwm.edu” was not included during registration). If this is the case, registrants will need to be added to D2L manually, or given a generic user identity during the workshop.