Dr. Connie M. Schroeder is the Associate Director for Programming and Instruction at the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Connie provides programs and services across all disciplines for instructors at UWM, including faculty, teaching academic staff, and graduate teaching assistants. Connie is a national consultant and speaker on changes in higher education, centers for teaching and learning, and faculty leadership. She has authored several articles on the Scholarships of Teaching and Learning and change in higher education. Her recent book, Coming in from the Margins: Faculty Development's Emerging Organizational Development Role in Institutional Change (2010) highlights the role of centers for teaching and learning as change agents in institutional initiatives. Connie is active in the international organization, Professional and Organizational Development (POD Network), where she has served as Board member, committee chair. POD awarded her the Robert Menges Award for Research and Presentation in both 2001 and 2007. She has received a grant to research critical thinking in active learning classrooms in 2014-15.
Connie joined CIPD in 2001 and has been involved in higher education since l984 at both research institutions and liberal arts colleges. Connie provides consultation and workshops on instructional development strategies, including course assessment, course design, small group learning and other active learning strategies, and learner-centered teaching. She provides curriculum development for departments or Schools. She oversees the CETL Basic Certificate for Professional Development in Teaching and Learning. Connie works with several institutional initiatives, including the First Year Transition Course Program and Northwest Quadrant Active Learning Classrooms. In addition, she teaches the Grad 803 course designed to prepare graduate teaching assistants as future faculty, and courses online, hybrid, or face-to-face for both Curriculum and Instruction and Adult Leadership.
- Explaining Learning to Students: It's Not Just Memorizing??! - 06/07/2019 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Successful Teams and Small Group Projects Part I - 06/14/2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Engaging Learners: The Tool You Need to Provoke Students' Curiosity! - 06/27/2019 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Course Design Institute Part I - 06/28/2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- UWM Active Learning Classrooms: What, Where, Why, and How? - 07/09/2019 - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Success with Small Group and Projects Part II - 07/12/2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Lesson Planning Made My Teaching Easier, Intentional, and More Effective - 07/19/2019 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- I've Inherited a Course, Now What? - 07/19/2019 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Course Design Institute Part II - 07/26/2019 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Course Learning Outcomes: Quick Tune-up and Alignment Check - 08/19/2019 - 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- UWM Active Learning Classrooms: What, Where, Why, and How? - 08/20/2019 - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Ten Essentials for Large Classes - 08/21/2019 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Lesson Planning Made My Teaching Easier, Intentional, and More Effective - 08/23/2019 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- I've Inherited a Course: Now What? - 08/30/2019 - 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm