Date(s) - 04/14/2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
More workshops like this No Categories
There are 7 spaces reserved, 18 are still available.
Open only to UWM Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants
This workshop will provide the pedagogical considerations and a technical walkthrough for using Collaborate Ultra for instructional purposes.
Collaborate Ultra is a real-time, synchronous video conferencing tool. Instructors and students can meet in an online space using features such as video and/or audio, chat, whiteboard, slideshow, and screen sharing. Collaborate Ultra is accessible from a desktop, laptop, iOS/Android phones and tablets and is integrated into Canvas.
This workshop will take place in a virtual synchronous session using Collaborate Ultra. Prior to the workshop, attendees will receive an email with a link to participate online. Participants should join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to work out any potential connection issues.
Topics of this workshop include:
- Using Collaborate Ultra in pedagogically-effective ways
- Creating a virtual room or session
- Linking a Collaborate Ultra session on the course Home page
- Using the chat feature and audio and video communication tools
- Sharing a presentation, applications, or the desktop
- Accessing the participant list
- Interacting with participants using polls
- Recording a session
- Using a mobile device with Collaborate Ultra
- Supporting students using Collaborate Ultra
Please contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to request accommodations or with any questions.
Registration is closed for this workshop.