Date(s) - 03/30/2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
More workshops like this
There are 10 spaces reserved, 15 are still available.
Open only to UWM Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants
This workshop will provide the pedagogical considerations and a technical walkthrough for using Collaborate Ultra for instructional purposes.
Collaborate Ultra is a real-time, synchronous video conferencing tool. Instructors and students can meet in an online space using features such as video and/or audio, chat, whiteboard, slideshow, and screen sharing. Collaborate Ultra is accessible from a desktop, laptop, iOS/Android phones and tablets and is integrated into Canvas.
This workshop will take place in a virtual synchronous session using Collaborate Ultra. Prior to the workshop, attendees will receive an email with a link to participate online. Participants should join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to work out any potential connection issues.
Topics of this workshop include:
- Using Collaborate Ultra in pedagogically-effective ways
- Creating a virtual room or session
- Linking a Collaborate Ultra session on the course Home page
- Using the chat feature and audio and video communication tools
- Sharing a presentation, applications, or the desktop
- Accessing the participant list
- Interacting with participants using polls
- Recording a session
- Using a mobile device with Collaborate Ultra
- Supporting students using Collaborate Ultra
Please contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to request accommodations or with any questions.
Registration is closed for this workshop.