Date(s) - 10/05/2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
More workshops like this No Categories
There are 16 spaces reserved, 8 are still available.
Are you scheduled to teach an online or blended course? If so, the Online and Blended Teaching Program can help! The Online and Blended Teaching Program is a multi-day program that focuses on helping instructors redesign their courses for the online or blended format using pedagogically-effective methods and practices.
Participants should plan to attend two face-to-face meetings on the following dates:
- October 5, 9am-12pm
- October 19, 9am-12pm
During each session, program facilitators will lead discussions and activities focused on key pedagogical considerations for online and blended instruction. Topics discussed over the course of the program include:
- Using backward design for learning module creation
- Delivering digital content
- Developing effective online assignments and activities
- Assessing student assignments
- Managing instructor workload
- Supporting students
- Building presence and community
- Evaluating courses
Participants should also plan to engage in online activities between the face-to-face sessions that will aid in building a piece of their future course. These activities will require 2-3 hours per week and will include:
- Viewing presentations and reading articles
- Taking a quiz on content, activities, and assessment
- Participating in asynchronous discussion forums
By registering for this event, you are registering for both dates (10/5 and 10/19), even though the e-mail confirmation will only have the first date (due to registration system limitations).
Our program is activity-based, so please bring a laptop or tablet to all sessions, if possible. For more information, or to request special accommodations, please contact Dylan Barth at 414-229-4319.
Registration is closed for this workshop.