Date(s) - 09/18/2015
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
UWM Libraries E175
More workshops like this No Categories
There are 8 spaces reserved, 17 are still available.
Please join us to learn more about and discuss accessibility in technology-enhanced, blended, and online courses! Barb Simon, Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) Director, will give a short presentation that will give you an overview of the:
- ARC and their mission;
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Students and types of disabilities the ARC works with;
- Academic accommodations you can expect to see at the postsecondary level;
- Student VISA form that instructors receive when students request accommodations; and
- Universal design principles that assist instructors in developing courses for all.
Following the presentation Barb and Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) staff will facilitate a conversation around accessibility in your courses–so, be sure to bring your questions!
Meetings are open to UWM faculty, academic staff, and teaching assistants who are interested in or have taught online, blended, or tech-enhanced classes.
- Friday, October 16 (12-1pm)
- Friday, November 13 (1-2pm)
Registration is closed for this workshop.