Date(s) - 03/27/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
More workshops like this
There are 5 spaces reserved, 5 are still available.
Open only to UWM Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants
In response to the Chancellor’s request to move all Spring 2020 courses online by March 29, this hands-on workshop will help you convert one full week of your course to the online format in Canvas and prepare you to move additional weeks online by providing you with practical strategies that you can implement immediately.
In light of the recent UWM announcement to encourage faculty and staff to work remotely, this workshop will be conducted entirely online. The facilitator for this workshop will send registrants a link to participate virtually. It is strongly recommended that you that you be familiar with Canvas, and if you have not used Canvas before, consider taking a Canvas: Basics workshop prior to attending this workshop.
To make this as effective and useful as possible, please have available any course materials you planned to use during the week of March 30. These materials may include:
- Syllabus and course schedule
- Reading assignments
- PowerPoint lectures
- Assignment or essay prompts
- Quizzes or exam questions
- In-class discussion questions or prompts
Workshop topics will vary depending on the needs of attendees, but topics that will likely be covered in this workshop include:
- Developing a plan for moving your course online
- Posting text and video announcements in Canvas
- Organizing your Canvas site for the best student experience
- Adding files and links to Canvas
- Delivering content to students using voice-over PowerPoint
- Collecting and providing feedback on online assignments
- Creating quizzes and exams in Canvas
- Facilitating online, asynchronous discussions in Canvas
Please contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to request accommodations or with any questions.
Registration is closed for this workshop.