Date(s) - 01/28/2014
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
UWM Libraries E175
More workshops like this No Categories
There are 1 spaces reserved, 5 are still available.
Presenter: Gerry Bergtrom
Open only to: UWM Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, and Teaching Assistants
This 2-hour workshop will focus on effective pedagogic strategies for creating and administering online objective quizzes and exams in D2L. The basic strategy will be to format and import questions from one or more sources into a Question Library and then create a quiz with questions from the library. In more detail, we will:
- format questions from one of our publisher’s test banks, their own publisher’s test bank or even their own MS-Word exams (brought in on a flash drive).
- create and organize question folders in the D2L Question Library (e.g., by course topics or quizzing schedule).
- Import appropriate (i.e., sorted) questions into Question Library folders.
- create a randomized D2L quiz that pulls questions from a larger pool in the Question Library.
- edit questions in the D2L Question Library (time permitting).
Workshop materials will be provided for those who do not bring their own test bank. Here are some more workshop options/opportunities:
- PC Laptops will be provided for the workshops. However, if you wish to bring your own, please make sure it is fully charged and that MS-Office and the D2LQuestion ImportTool are already installed. Download Converter tool from the link below:
PC users click https://academictech.doit.wisc.edu/help/learnuw-quiz-importer
Mac users – with regrets, the tool is supposed to, but does not work well on a Mac.
- Additional assistance/practice time is available immediately after this session, or by appointment.
A basic working knowledge of D2L is assumed.
Registration is closed for this workshop.