Date(s) - 10/20/2021
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
More workshops like this
There are 1 spaces reserved, 19 are still available.
This session is applicable to all course formats: Face-to-face, online, or blended.
This workshop takes place synchronously online using Zoom. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a
- Do you know if your course is aligned with the course outcomes?
- How do you tell if a course you inherit is aligned?
- How do you make this transparent to students throughout the course?
They probably won’t connect the “dots” if we haven’t. We carefully select the course content, assignments, assessments, and activities, and state the course learning outcomes upfront and aim for student success. One of the factors that can work against student achievement of each outcome, is a nearly invisible aspect of designing courses – alignment. It either gets lost in the fine-grained effort to build great assignments or tests, etc., when we change a part of our courses, or it may not be apparent how to make sure alignment takes place. Alignment can be accomplished relatively easily using the Alignment Tool to identify gaps. With a careful review, you can achieve transparent alignment between your course outcomes, each assignment, class session or module, activities in class or online, assessments, and how you describe things to students.
In this session you will:
- examine alignment and misalignment using the simple Alignment Diagnostic Tool
- align outcomes, assignments, activities, and rubrics
- cultivate language that makes the alignment clear and useful to student success
Registration is closed for this workshop.