Are you scheduled to teach an online or blended course? If so, the Online and Blended Teaching Program can help! The Online and Blended Teaching Program is a multi-day program that focuses on helping instructors redesign their courses for the online or blended format using pedagogically-effective methods and practices.
Participants should plan to attend three face-to-face meetings. During each session, program facilitators will lead discussions and activities focused on key pedagogical considerations for online and blended instruction. Topics discussed over the course of the program include:
- Using backward design for learning module creation
- Delivering digital content
- Developing effective online assignments and activities
- Assessing student assignments
- Managing instructor workload
- Supporting students
- Building presence and community
- Evaluating courses
Participants should also plan to engage in online activities between the face-to-face sessions that will aid in building a piece of their future course. These activities will require 2-3 hours per week and will include:
- Viewing presentations and reading articles
- Taking a quiz on content, activities, and assessment
- Participating in asynchronous discussion forums
- Developing a usable learning module for a redesigned course
For more information, please contact Dylan Barth at (firstname.lastname@example.org).