About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
The nine workshops offered in this series are:
Participants do not need to complete the workshops in order.
- Canvas 7: Discussions and Groups - 10/21/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Canvas 8: Quizzes and Surveys - 10/22/2021 - 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
- Canvas 1: Navigation and Settings - 10/26/2021 - 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- Canvas 2: Modules and Analytics - 10/27/2021 - 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- Canvas 3: Assignments and Rubrics - 11/04/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Canvas 4: Gradebook - 11/05/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Canvas 5: Syllabus and Pages - 11/10/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Canvas 6: Content Delivery - 11/11/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Canvas 7: Discussions and Groups - 11/16/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Canvas 8: Quizzes and Surveys - 11/19/2021 - 10:00 am - 11:15 am