Date(s) - 11/15/2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
More workshops like this
There are 1 spaces reserved, 9 are still available.
Open only to UWM Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants
In this hands-on workshop, instructors will learn many of the basic and advanced functions of Canvas for teaching and learning. This workshop combines key topics of the Canvas: Basics and Canvas: Advanced workshops. Due to its accelerated pace, this workshop is intended for instructors who feel comfortable using learning technology tools.
- Navigating the Canvas environment
- Organizing content using Modules
- Adding pages, files, links, and images
- Creating course announcements
- Adding assignments to Canvas
- Grading assignments
- Setting up a gradebook
- Creating multiple-choice quizzes in Canvas
- Providing student accommodations
- Managing student groups
- Creating and participating in online, asynchronous discussions
- Moving materials from D2L to Canvas
- Using the Inbox
- Getting help
Please contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to request accommodations or with any questions.