Date(s) - 08/14/2020
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
More workshops like this
There are 19 spaces reserved, 1 are still available.
About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
About Canvas 9: Collaborate Ultra
Canvas 9: Collaborate Ultra is one of nine workshops in the Canvas Workshop Series. Topics addressed in this workshop include:Facilitating effective synchronous online discussions
- Inviting guests to present in Collaborate Ultra
- Managing student presentations in Collaborate Ultra
- Scheduling study sessions and extended learning activities in Collaborate Ultra
- Providing spaces for students to work on small group projects
- Holding virtual office hours
- Supporting students using Collaborate Ultra
- Using chat, audio, video, and polls
- Sharing a presentation, an application, or the desktop
- Accessing the participant list
- Recording a session
This workshop will take place take place online using the Collaborate Ultra web conferencing tool. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to participate. Please join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to address any potential connection issues.
Registration is closed for this workshop.