Date(s) - 12/10/2020
9:30 am - 10:30 am
More workshops like this
There are 8 spaces reserved, 17 are still available.
About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
About Canvas 9: Collaborate Ultra
Canvas 9: Collaborate Ultra is one of nine workshops in the Canvas Workshop Series. Topics addressed in this workshop include
- Facilitating effective synchronous online discussions
- Inviting guests to present in Collaborate Ultra
- Scheduling study sessions and extended learning activities in Collaborate Ultra
- Providing spaces for students to work on small group projects
- Holding virtual office hours
- Recording a session
- Using chat, audio, video, and polls
- Sharing a presentation, an application, or the desktop
- Accessing the participant list and recordings
This workshop will take place take place online using the Collaborate Ultra web conferencing tool. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to participate. Please join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to address any potential connection issues.
Registration is closed for this workshop.