Date(s) - 09/17/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
More workshops like this
There are 0 spaces reserved, 15 are still available.
About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
About Canvas 8: Quizzes and Surveys
Canvas 8: Quizzes and Surveys is one of nine workshops in the Canvas Workshop Series. Topics addressed in this workshop include:
- Writing effective multiple-choice questions
- Determining quiz question validity
- Setting up a Classic Quiz in Canvas
- Using fill-in-the-blank, matching, and short answer questions in Canvas
- Viewing student quiz and survey results
- Using quiz banks to create random pools of questions
- Maintaining academic integrity in quizzes and exams
- Providing student accommodations for quizzes in Canvas
- Administering surveys in Canvas
- Finding help with Respondus, Proctorio, and textbook publisher quizzes
This workshop will take place take place online using the Collaborate Ultra web conferencing tool. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to participate. Please join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to address any potential connection issues.
Registration is closed for this workshop.