Date(s) - 12/18/2020
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
More workshops like this
There are 2 spaces reserved, 23 are still available.
About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
About Canvas 7: Discussions and Groups
Canvas 7: Discussion and Groups is one of nine workshops in the Canvas Workshop Series. Topics addressed in this workshop include:
- Overview of Canvas discussions and Canvas group sites
- Structuring asynchronous online discussions to maximize student engagement
- How-to steps for creating student groups in Canvas
- How-to steps for creating a Canvas online discussion
- Navigating Canvas group sites
- Grading discussion posts efficiently
- Key features of a Canvas group assignment
This workshop will take place take place online using the Collaborate Ultra web conferencing tool. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to participate. Please join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to address any potential connection issues.