Date(s) - 12/04/2020
9:30 am - 11:00 am
More workshops like this
There are 3 spaces reserved, 12 are still available.
About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
About Canvas 5 Syllabus and Pages
Canvas 5: Syllabus and Pages is one of nine workshops in the Canvas Workshop Series. Topics addressed in this workshop include:
- Using the Rich Content Editor
- Exploring the benefits of Pages
- Adding Pages to Modules on Home
- Creating accessible Pages
- Designing for the Immersive Reader
- Identifying accessible course documents
- Embedding YouTube and borrowed video content
- Linking to library articles and resources
- Leveraging the benefits of the Canvas Syllabus tool
- Using open license materials for copyright considerations
- Displaying images using the Rich Content Editor
This workshop will take place take place online using the Collaborate Ultra web conferencing tool. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to participate. Please join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to address any potential connection issues.