Date(s) - 08/25/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
More workshops like this
There are 11 spaces reserved, 4 are still available.
About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
About Canvas 1: Navigations and Settings
Canvas 1: Navigation and settings is one of nine workshops in the Canvas Workshop Series. Topics addressed in this workshop include:
- Comprehending Canvas’ organization
- Accessing Canvas’ Account settings
- Utilizing the Canvas Dashboard, especially the course cards, “To Do” and “Coming Up” lists
- Using the Courses menu and All Courses page
- Setting up and accessing content and appointments with the Canvas Calendar
- Sending and receiving communication with the Canvas Inbox
- Locating the best help resources, including chat, hotlines, and the Canvas Community
- Understanding the basic structure of a Canvas Course.
This workshop will take place take place online using the Collaborate Ultra web conferencing tool. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to participate. Please join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to address any potential connection issues.
Registration is closed for this workshop.