Date(s) - 04/05/2021
9:30 am - 10:30 am
More workshops like this
There are 10 spaces reserved, 15 are still available.
About the Canvas Workshop Series
Open to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants.
The Canvas Workshop Series is a sequence of nine workshops that provide practical pedagogical recommendations and technical training for using Canvas. Each 60- to 90-minute online synchronous workshop focuses on how to effectively use one or more specific teaching and learning tools in Canvas. Although these workshops do not include time for hands-on application by participants, facilitators will provide a walkthrough and supporting documentation so that attendees can later practice in a Canvas course site, and facilitators will be available after the workshop to answer questions from participants. All sessions will be recorded.
About Canvas 1: Navigations and Settings
Canvas 1: Navigation and settings is one of nine workshops in the Canvas Workshop Series. Topics addressed in this workshop include:
- Comprehending Canvas’ organization
- Accessing Canvas’ Account settings
- Utilizing the Canvas Dashboard, especially the course cards, “To Do” and “Coming Up” lists
- Using the Courses menu and All Courses page
- Setting up and accessing content and appointments with the Canvas Calendar
- Sending and receiving communication with the Canvas Inbox
- Locating the best help resources, including chat, hotlines, and the Canvas Community
- Understanding the basic structure of a Canvas Course.
This workshop will take place take place online using the Collaborate Ultra web conferencing tool. Shortly after you register, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to participate. Please join the session 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to address any potential connection issues.
Registration is closed for this workshop.