Date(s) - 11/30/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
More workshops like this No Categories
There are 15 spaces reserved, 5 are still available.
Course enrollment above forty or fifty students creates unique challenges for instructors. Many instructors struggle with the following common challenges in larger classes:
- Engaging students; students using mobile devices during class
- Getting students to attend regularly
- Getting students to prepare for class by doing readings, homework, and assignments
- Students leaving class early or arriving late homework, and assignments
- Students leaving class early or arriving late
This workshop introduces ten practical strategies that you can begin using this fall. The Ten Essentials for Student Success in Large Classes succeed when the strategies are embedded and connect with all parts of the course. We will examine the ten essentials and each participant will be encouraged to select two of the ten strategies to embed into their own course this fall.
Registration is closed for this workshop.