A printable PDF version of this tutorial can be found here: https://db.tt/GrQuhrUf
Log into the registration site as a WordPress Author to modify the registration.
- Under the [Logout] tab, click [Admin Login].
Login with your WordPress Author credential:
- Username is you ePanther ID (without @uwm.edu).
- Password is you WordPress password.
- Click [Log In] (NOT the [Sign in with ePanther ID] button).
- To add new event, click [Add Event].
- Enter the event [Title].
- Enter the event description in the HTML Editing area.
- The description can be formatted using the tools in the [Visual] editor, including bolding, bullets, and hotlinks.
- Enter the date for the workshop by clicking into the [From] area and selecting the date from the calendar.
- Once again, enter the date for the workshop by clicking into the [to] area and selecting the date from the calendar.
- Enter the start time for the workshop by clicking into the [Event starts at] area and selecting a time.
- Enter the end time for the workshop by clicking into the [Event starts at] area and selecting a time.
- Under [Event Tags], begin typing the name of the workshop presenter. When the correct name appears, click on the name.
- Click [Add].
This information must be added in order for the correct name to appear on the event page and for the event to appear within the list of “Upcoming Events” offered by the Presenter.
- Under [Event Categories], click the box in front of the name of the workshop.
This box must be checked in order for the workshop to appear correctly within [Workshops by Type] and listed under “Upcoming Events” for that workshop type.
To add the location for the workshop, click into the [Location Name] area and begin typing the building in which the workshop will be held.
A list of loctions and room numbers will appear. Select the correct loaction from the list.
IMPORTANT – you must select a location. If you type the entire building name and a location has not appeared, please refer to another workshop held at that location to find the correct title. If you do not select a location that is already in the system no location will appear on the event page. For a list of workshop locations, see: https://db.tt/FaYeyOWQ
Once selected, the workshop location will autofill with the address and a map.
- Under [Bookings/Registration], click the [Enable registration for this event] box.
- Click the [Show Advanced Options].
- Click into the [Spaces] are and enter the maximum number of registratins allowed for this workshop.
- Click into the [At most] area and, again, enter the maximum number of registratins allowed for this workshop.
Be sure to leave all other options blank.
OPTIONAL – Changing the default registration form (for CIPD Workshops)
The form that is filled out by workshop registrants is technology related and can be found here: https://db.tt/1gCu6et6
If you are teaching a workshop that is not technology related (CIPD), pull down the menu for [Selected Booking Form] and select [Pedegogy].
OPTIONAL – Changing the workshop evaluation link in the default attendance email (for CIPD Workshops)
The system sends out automated emails when the workshop presenter takes attendance.
If the attendee is marked absent (with the [Reject] button) the following email example is sent: https://db.tt/vZ65BzpV
If the attendee is marked present (with the [Approve] button) the following email example is sent: https://db.tt/y6C9eJ90 This email contains a link to the standard LTC Workshop Evaluation.
- If you want to change the email that is sent to registrants who attend the workshop, pull down the [Confirmed booking email] and select [Enable].
OPTIONAL Step #2 – Changing the workshop evaluation link in the default attendance email (for CIPD Workshops)
Once enabled, you can change the link to the workshop evaluation, or any other parts of the email that is sent to registrants who attend the workshop.
- When the event form is completed correclty, click the [Publish] button to make the workshop active on the site.